They are the only natural nonhuman sentient race known.
Men average ten feet in height with the women only slightly shorter.
Women wear embroidered flowers in a quantity to suit their station.
Girls wear flowered trim only on their cloaks, while women Elders' dresses are embroidered from throat to ankle.
All women wear their hair loose and long.
Ogier ears are a secondary erogenous zone.
A typical Ogier lifespan is at least three to four times that of a human.
The average stedding has a population of something over six thousand. The total Ogier population between the Aryth Ocean and the Spine of the World is perhaps slightly in excess of two hundred fifty thousand.
- Stedding Tsofu in Cairhien is the least isolated from humankind and it lies a full day's journey from the nearest human village.
- The Spine of the World contains the largest regional concentration of Ogier Stedding, with twelve hidden in its rugged peaks and valleys.
- In Kinslayer's Dagger, separate from the range that makes up the Spine of the World there is only one, Stedding Yontiang.
- There are four stedding west of the Dragonwall and east of the Erinin.
- The Borderlands hold seven stedding.
- In the Black Hills there are three.
- Six lie in the Mountains of Mist.
- Two in the mountains north of the River Dhagon.
- Two more along the Shadow Coast.
- Though unrelated to the One Power, many of them, in the AoL had the ability to affect living things, especially plants with their songs.
- Some old stories say that they fought alongside humans in the Trolloc Wars.
- The Longing - in which many more died than did not - sensitised the Survivors.
- The second greatest love of all Ogier is knowledge.
- They usually speak the common tongue when humans are about.
- Advocates are not hired, but act because they believe in the Ogier they represent and the truth of his or her case.
- Almost matriarchal society, mothers and wives have more authority than their husbands.
Go to Previous Chapter , Go to Next Chapter
Table of Contents