After using my laptop all, I turned it off for a while as I was attedning a talk in Engineers Ireland. On the bus on the way home I switched on my laptop on to pass the time. I found my laptop would not boot. The power light would come on, the fans woulod spin but notting on the screen. After a bit of googleing this morning , I found the answer. The BIOS was corrupted. I then attempted the fix and all work out in the end. My aspire one is alive again.
Details of the fix.
- Download the BOIS from here.
- Format a usb Flash drive to FAT.
- Copy the files you download to your flash drive.
- Rename 3309.fd to ZG5IA32.FD.
- Put the flash drive into the left hand side usb port.
- Hold fn+esc and press the power button.
- The power button should start to blink.
- Press the power button once and wait.
- You laptop should not reboot and hey its working again.