30 questions. Assume questions are emails from the user. Please answer as if you were replying to the user. “Google it” or “Check the wiki” are not acceptable answers. Bonus marks may be awarded for amusing answers, but probably not. You have one hour. GO!
- How do I log into Redbrick? (2 marks)
- How do I go onto IRC? (2 marks)
- I heard there’s some kind of wiki for this Redbrick thing where I can find lots of in jokes and stuff so I can be popular. Where do I go to see it? (2 marks)
- What’s screen and how do I do it? (3 marks)
- How do I put files on my webspace? (4 marks)
- I’ve got the files on my webspace, but when I try to load them in my browser it comes up as 403 forbidden error, how do I fix it? (3 marks)
- I want to change my password. How do I do that? (2 mark)
- People have been talking about VMs a lot in IRC. How do I get me one of those? (2 marks)
- I’d like to get a MySQL Database for my Third Year Project. Can you give me one? (2 marks)
When I try to compile a java program on redbrick I just get this, what am I doing wrong?123Error occurred during initialization of VMCouldnot reserve enough space for object heapCould not create the Java virtual machine. (5 marks)
I want to make a section of my webspace only allow people who are Redbrick members to view it. How do I go about doing that? (4 marks)
- What are some linux commands that will help me to use Redbrick’s services. (3 marks)
- How do I stop emails from forwarding to my DCU email account and what can I use to view my emails in the terminal? (3 marks)
- I understand chmod 755 filename but what do these number mean? (4 marks)
- I’m the new treasurer of the film soc. Can you tell me how to set up a mailing list so that I can send a mail to all my members at once? (2 Marks)
- How do I use this vim thing? I launched it, and I can’t type, or get out of it. (5 marks)
- What’s zsh and what’s bash? Which one is better and why? (5 marks)
- I’m getting bored of #lobby because people keep trolling me, how can I find out what other channels there are and how do I join them? (3 marks)
- I found a girl in #lobby! I really want to send her a message outside of chat, but I don’t want her to be able to avoid it either, can you help? (3 marks)
- What are the names of 2 of the Redbrick Servers and what are they used for? Where can I go to find out about more of the servers? (5 marks)
- How do I change my name on irc? (2 marks)
- I accidentally used cat on a file and now my terminal has all these weird characters in it. What do I do to fix it? (2 marks)
- What are some text editors that are available on Redbrick’s machines? (2 marks)
- Can I view my Redbrick email on a web browser? What’s the address for it? (2 marks)
- I know how to set file permissions, but how do I see what permissions files in a folder have? (3 marks)
- How do I change what shell I’m using on Redbrick? I tried typing the name of the shell but it resets when I log out. (3 marks)
- I hate having to type in screen -r when I log in to reattach my screen. How do I make it so that I can just type, say, “r” and it’d do it for me? (3 marks)
- People keep sending me heys and it messes up my terminal, how can I turn off heys? (2 marks)
- What program can you recommend for uploading files to Redbrick from Windows? Also, is there a Linux equivalent in a command line? (4 marks)
- 1234567891011Hi allI am a final year business student.I am currently working on My FYP and have run into difficulty in a particular section.The project is to develop a conceptual framework for the development of an e-Supply Chain Management (e-SCM) System for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs).The goal is not to develop the product, rather to envision:-What the product should look like.-What features and functionalities it should have.-What tools could be used to develop the modules of the software system.-What are the commercialisation pathways for such a toolI am having issues with a particular section where I must devise a software development plan. I have no background in software development or programming so i am struggling to understand the requirements. I was wondering if it might be possible to meet with a member of your team to talk about the information and requirements for such a task. thank you for your time.
- What is the best pizza topping?
- What is the worst pizza topping?
- Why is anyone who answers “pineapple” to question one the worst person in the world?
- Fructus has just gotten the gift of a kazoo what do you now do?
- Do you think that Helpdesk will be a fun and rewarding experience? (Yes/No)
- If you answered yes to the last question, write the name of your mental disorder and give us an idea of how severe it is.
- What font is the best font?
- If you answered anything that isn’t Comic Sans, why did you not answer Comic Sans?